How do I join SeaShorts?
Step 1: Read the FAQ to get yourself more prepare.
Step 1: Read the FAQ
"What is #SeaShorts?"
#SeaShorts is a new film festival to celebrate short films from Southeast Asia. The festival features 100+ short films from 10 Southeast Asian countries: Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia.
"When is #SeaShorts?"
May 11-14, 2017
"Where is #SeaShorts?"
There are 3 Festival screening venues, all on Jalan Panggong, KL:
Lostgens’ Contemporary Art Space,
Another space The Cinephilia at the Zhong Shan Building, Kg. Attap is exclusive for Cinephiles Pass only.
"How can I join #SeaShorts?"
The festival is by invitation only. You will need to register with us to receive an invitation.
"How do I register?"
Fill up the form below to indicate which pass you would like:
1. Festival Pass: You will have access to all screening venues during the whole festival (12th to 14th May) except The Cinephilia. Minimum donation of RM50.
2. Daily Pass: You will have access to all screening venues only valid for one day. Minimum donation of RM30.
3. Student Pass: You will have access to all screening venues during the whole festival (12th to 14th May) for free! BUT you will need to register with your university/college/school mates as a group. We have reserved 10 badges per university/college/school only.
4. VIP Pass: You will have access to all screening venues during the whole festival plus exclusive access to some of our private events. This pass is reserved for the kind people who have supported our festival. However, you can also be a SeaShorts Supporter with a donation of RM1000 - that will help us a lot!
5. Cinephiles Pass: You will have access to The Cinephilia a venue of non-stop marathon screenings meant for hardcore cinema lovers, those who do not care about parties and meeting filmmakers but just want to watch the 100 short films in 3 days. Minimum donation of RM300 and we will provide food and drinks!
"What is the Cinephiles Pass?"
We figured out the only way to watch 100 films in 3 days is to lock you in a room (with food and drinks provided) where there are no Q&A session, no parties with filmmakers, no making small talk.
This pass is for you if you are a cinema geek, or movieholic, or an introvert.
This pass is not for you if you here for networking, or if you have a weak heart, or if you are claustrophobic.
There are only 10 badges available for the Cinephiles Pass, with a donation of RM300 (there is always a price to pay when it is anything to do with anything philes). And if you complete the challenge of 100 films, a cert will be awarded to you!
"Ok, I have registered. Where do I pay and collect my badge?"
You have a few choices. Before the festival, you can collect your badge(s) at:
1. Our Next New Wave office: 33-3, Plaza Danau Desa, Jalan 109F, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Only on 9th May, Tuesday 2 - 5pm)
2. Lostgens’ Contemporary Art Space: 8, Jalan Panggong, City Centre, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Only on 10th May, 3 - 5pm)
During the festival:
. Persatuan Wui Leng Selangor Dan Kuala Lumpur: 8, 2nd Floor, Jalan Panggong 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Only on 12th - 13th May, 11 - 5pm)